Tuesday, December 27, 2016

He Speaks His Own Language

T L Ogre has his own language. The words come out in English, but they often don't mean what they are supposed to mean. Sometimes, things he says will have a different meaning from one time to the next. It is one of the craziest things I have ever seen! If anyone knows what that is all about, I would love it if you would share your knowledge and insight on it in the comments.

Here is an example:

I was inside our "yard" (in our living area) and heading for the gate. (makeshift gate that is very difficult to open) I was almost to the gate when he walked up and asked, "What are you up to, now?" I replied, "I was just heading out the gate to go grab those racks." (wooden trellis that I have to lay over the bed to keep the dogs from laying on it during the day.)

That's it, that is all I said, in a calm, every day voice, "I was just heading out the gate to go grab those racks." 
The raging, violent, verbal tirade began! For nearly the next half an hour, the screaming, yelling (to the point of vibrations), raging, name calling, belittling, degrading, threat filled tantrum ensued. I was mind blown! I had no idea what I had done. He kept screaming that I didn't answer him right. I didn't know what else I could have said, nor how else I should have worded it.

Finally, teeth clenched, skin darkened, eyes spitting fire, he loudly commanded, "When I ask you, What are you up to, That means, Are you about ready to feed the dogs, yet?!" He then repeated it. I was so stunned and confused I was speechless, so then he accused me of giving him the 'silent treatment.' He finished with, "You aren't communicating with me! We can't get anywhere around here if you don't communicate right with me. You need to learn how to interpret what I am saying to you!" .   .   .   .   .   .  huh?

This has happened multiple times, especially that past couple of months. It is mind boggling. I never know when he states a sentence, what it is supposed to mean. I have no idea if I have deciphered it correctly and all will be well, or if I guessed wrong and another raging, verbal tirade or another "punishment" is coming. I have never seen anything like it, have you?

Signed - Betty Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...