Thursday, February 16, 2017

Land Hunt Update

I thought I would take a moment to give an update on the land looking. I guess it is in the eye of the beholder as to how well it is or isn't going.  Finding the minimum of what I feel I need in a parcel of land, with my ultra meager funding, is a challenge in itself. Adding one unexpected hurdle right after another on top of that, makes it a frustrating challenge that the average person would just give up on. .... but I'm not average.

Important paperwork to the land is missing. When the realtor tries to track it down, he just gets referred to the next person, who then refers him to the next person, and so on, and so on, and so on. Someday I will explain exact details as to what exactly is missing, but for now, just know that it is something that I just won't close on without knowing.

In the search for that paperwork, another big hurdle, also with missing information, popped up. So that information now has to also be found. It would still probably be doable, it will just determine more of the property's worth/value and where and how I build on the land.

While all that was going on, the funds for the loan for the land disappeared in the mail! That was a scare, but it has finally been found and I am good to go with that, now. One hurdle down, a few more big ones to cross.

I just don't know, nor understand, why trying to get this (or any other property I have checked into) has become such a battle, such a time stall, but I just keep telling myself that there has to be a reason for it. I have to be patient and keep plugging forward. I won't deny it, I am having some serious frustration moments. I am having some  moments where it feels like I am going to be stuck like an hostage here forever.  Then someone comes along, like my youngest daughter, today, and gives me some beautiful words of support and I am able to focus again and keep on moving forward. It was strange, about an hour after she gave me some very encouraging words today, the missing funds were found! I did have to laugh once, when one of the statements she made were my own words that I used to say to everyone, thrown back at me, ha, ha, ha. Hit with my own words of advice. It worked!

Although I will follow and flow with where ever I feel I am being led, I really hope it is this piece of property that I am trying to purchase. I pray that all the hurdles get straightened out quickly and smoothly, I can close soon, and begin to move and rebuild my farm, to start life over anew, once again. Please help me pray, too, and keep me and my situation in your positive thoughts.

Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day.

Signed - Betty Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...